We are eager to show you which control measures we have implemented to reduce
the risk of contamination of the COVID19 virus for the safety of our guests and team members!
What do we provide to ensure the security as much as possible?
- Hand disinfectant is available in all common areas
- Glass screen at the reception desk
- Our team wears a mask (guests are not obliged to do so, but of course you may join us if you feel comfortable)
- We all wash and disinfect our hands frequently
- Door handles, payment terminal, washing taps, flush buttons in the reception toilets, lift buttons and handrails are often disinfected
- The entire hotel is provided with an active ventilation system, that continuously provides fresh air. At check-out the rooms are extra careful ventilated by opening the windows during housekeeping
- Room keys will be disinfected after each departing guest
- We prefer contact free payments
In our hotel you can eat off the floor... uh, in the room
Frequently asked questions
- For now the breakfast is not being served in the breakfast area, but in the hotel room
- You can order a fresh lunch or dinner at the reception and pop it in the microwave, which you can find in the lobby. Every dish is freshly made. Therefore we kindly ask you to order 1 day in advance
- Our minibar is filled with a few drinks we offer. This minibar will be disinfected at departure
- If you prefer to order a takeaway meal at a restaurant nearby, no problem!
Is it safe to visit our hotel?
We have implemented additional control measures in compliance with the federal measures to reduce the risk of contamination of the COVID19 virus for the safety of our guests and team members.
Are hotels allowed to host customers?
Yes, government allows hotels to host guests.
Did Astoria Hotel Ghent accommodate COVID patients?
No, we signed our hotel up for patient care in March 2020, but luckily the Ghent hospitals had enough beds available. Therefore it was not required.
And remember: distance brings us together...